Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Twitter Ye Not - Coronation of Elizabeth 1


Twitter Ye Not - Coronation of Elizabeth 1

A regular piece for the Daily Mail Weekend magazine about how figures in history might have twittered or tweeted or whatever, had they the chance, inclination and technology.

On the 15th January in 1559, Elizabeth I was crowned Queen of England in Westminster Abbey. Here, we imagine the Twitter feed for that historic day.

This is actually a reworking of an image I done before, the original trial for the whole Twitter Ye Not series. But this time around I added a few small details - pear-drop pearl ear-rings, ermine dots on the crown and the names of those portrayed (Elizabeth I and Sir Walter Raleigh). Plus I changed the little Twitter bird on the Orb resting beside the coronation throne. Images of her coronation indicate that she probably wore her long red hair down. but I have shown her as she's more commonly seen, with her hair in high tight curls.

No comments: