Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Oranges & Lemons


"Oranges and lemons", say the bells of St. Clement's
"You owe me five farthings", say the bells of St. Martin's
"When will you pay me?" say the bells of Old Bailey
"When I grow rich", say the bells of Shoreditch
"When will that be?" say the bells of Stepney
"I do not know", says the great bell of Bow
Here comes a candle to light you to bed
And here comes a chopper to chop off your head!
Chip chop chip chop - The last man's dead.

I'm doing a short course in Screen Printing at the moment just down the road from where I live. This ISN"T a screen print, but I wanted to play about at capturing that look in photoshop, and in particular with mis-registration and overlap.

The limited colour palette I've used is inspired by mediterranean fruit box labels.

Click on Image to Enlarge

1 comment:

John Coulter said...

i love the offset color.this is crazy good. and the textures in the type is great too.

http://johncoulter.blogspot.com/