Sunday, January 2, 2011

Russell's 50th


This is the design I did for my partner's brother-in-law's 50th Birthday celebration this coming May.

They have a place in France where the party will be held. I chose a coq motif to symbolise France (symbol of France/ Gaul since Roman times) and wine to denote Party. Plus of course they represent Coq au Vin, that burgundian speciality!

I created this as I would a screen-print, with three separate colour separations (blue, yellow and red) and then printed each in turn on canford card, using my Canon inkjet printer. I set the print quality to a hi photo setting which gave it a lovely blobby print quality. Love the over-all effect.

3 comments:

Tam Hess said...

I love roosters. Excellent piece! Was the party fun? :)

Tam Hess said...

Okay it's in May...you're getting your work done really early for that celebration. Way to go!

Fred Blunt said...

What a great bit of design.... classy my friend :)