Saturday, April 14, 2012

Signing the new Seventh Seal print



Here's me, signing my new screen print edition, based upon Ingmar Bergman's film 'The Seventh Seal'. Brand new for Umbra Sumus (We Are But Shadows) and appropriately fatalistic. But in a light-hearted way.

The drawing slope is a very recent purchase, I got it this Thursday just gone, at Spitalfields Antique Market. My mate Steve, who sold it to me, told me he was told by the guy he got it off that it used to belong to the guy who drew Roy of the Rovers. I like to think the provenance is true.

4 comments:

e said...

Mr Bommer, you are my style icon

Paul Bommer said...

Thank you Iain. I am blushing!

Marly Youmans said...

How dashing you look! Nice slope...

Marly Youmans said...

Thought of you--my son has to do a Boccaccio cartoon for homework, 9th grade... What a good job you would do!